The Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping members increase their baking and business knowledge, fostering the education of future bakers, keeping members informed about developments in the baking industry and legislative matters affecting them, and representing members’ interests at the state and federal government levels. Organized in 1905, the WBA is made up of retail and wholesale bakeries, multi-unit operators, supermarket bakeries, and specialty shops, as well as bakery suppliers and manufacturers The WBA also serves as a liaison between its members and various governmental entities on the federal, state, and local levels.
As a member of other baking organizations, baking and business publications, food industry organizations, and educational institutions with commercial baking courses, the WBA keeps up to date on up and coming trends in the baking industry. The Retail Bakers of America, American Bakers Association, and the Independent Bakers Association are only a few of the organizations the WBA is proud to be a member of.
Benefits of WBA Membership
- Members receive “The Baking Buzz” via email every Tuesday and Friday and access to our full-color digital newsletter “Beyond Baking” published 10 times a year
- Free passes ($45 value each) to the Midwest Foodservice Expo in March
- WBA Sponsored Competitions
- Opportunities to network with other bakers throughout the year at Bakers Forums and other events
- Stay up-to-date and informed regarding important legislation
- Visibility for your business through our website, newsletter, events, & social media pages
- Opportunity to post job openings and equipment for sale
- Free admission tickets to attend WBA Day at Wisconsin State Fair
- And so much more!