Midwest Foodservice Expo
March 13-15, 2017
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
RULES & INFORMATION
Talented bakers and decorators from throughout the Midwest are invited to participate and compete for top awards in the WBA’s Annual Art of the Cake Competition which is divided into the following categories:
- Creative Cake Decorating Competition – this year’s theme is Around the World in Cake!
- Extreme Wedding Cake Challenge & Extreme Groom’s Cake Challenge
- Back by popular demand – Wisconsin’s Ultimate Donut Duel
- Two NEW Competitions – Art of the Bread Contest and Out of this World Dessert Displays
All entries will be professionally judged at the 2017 Midwest Foodservice Expo. Admission to the Midwest Foodservice Expo is included with registration for each competitor.
REGISTRATION & FEES
The Art of the Cake Competition is open to beginners/students (up to 3 years experience) and professionals (3+ years experience). All competitors must register in advance. The early registration deadline for all of the competitions is Wednesday, February 15, 2017. The standard registration deadline is Wednesday, March 1, 2017. No competition entries will be accepted onsite. Registration fee includes admission to the Midwest Foodservice Expo.
Early Registration (by Feb. 15th) $30
Standard Registration (by Mar. 1) $45
Choose any 5 Categories of Wisconsin’s Ultimate Donut Duel and SAVE!
Baker’s Special (by Feb. 15th) $100
Baker’s Special (by Mar. 1) $125
All registrations include a 1-year membership to WBA. Registration fees are non-refundable.
For the first time ever, we are closing registration before the deadline. Thank you to everyone who has entered this year! We look forward to seeing all of your creations in just a few weeks.
INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS
* Set up begins at 7:30 AM on Monday, March 13th. We encourage you
to arrive early and appreciate your patience this year as we have more than 100
entries to get in place before the show opens.
* You will need to have a wristband on in order to enter the exhibit
hall prior to the show floor opening. Elise Timmerman from our WBA Staff
will be stationed near the dock with wristbands.
* All entrants must unload and remove cars from dock area within
five minutes due to high traffic volume. Milwaukee’s downtown has multiple
off-street parking lots available to visitors.
* To re-enter the exhibit hall after parking, you will need to pick
up a show badge at the front entrance of the Wisconsin Center. If you
haven’t already done so, make sure to register online by Friday, March 10th!
* All entries must be completed with final set up by 9:45 AM. You
must clean up any trash, debris, and/or scrape and remove them to the
designated area or receptacle. We will have the carpet cleaned upon
completion of set up.
* You may return your unused materials to your vehicle by carrying
them to your parking place. No re-entry to the dock will be permitted at
* No company attire or signage is allowed until judging is completed.
Please do not wear a shirt with a company logo or place any signage next to
your products until judging is completed.
* All entries must remain on display until 3:00 PM Wednesday.
* Please be aware to keep area clean of litter and debris.
* Notify WBA Staff immediately if anything is damaged.
If you are entering Wisconsin’s Ultimate Donut Duel – we are providing 13″ x 19″ trays for your donuts that will be on display throughout the show. We will also provide plates for the donuts that will be set aside for judging.
If you are entering the Art of the Bread Contest in the Braided Bread category – we are providing baskets to display your loaves of bread.
If you are entering a cake competition, keep in mind that this year, no copyrighted images are allowed. Dummies are permitted, however they are not allowed, if sculpted.
JUDGING CRITERIA & STANDARDS
Judging of the entries will be completed by a team of qualified judges selected by the Wisconsin Bakers Association. The judges’ decisions will be final. The judges will complete a comment sheet for each entry; copies of those sheets will be sent to the entrant after the competition.
Please refer to the rules for complete information about each contest by clicking on the contest name below:
- Creative Cake Decorating Competition
- Extreme Wedding Cake Challenge
- Extreme Groom’s Cake Challenge
- Wisconsin’s Ultimate Donut Duel
- Art of the Bread Contest – NEW
- Out of this World Dessert Displays – NEW
Winners will be announced at the WBA Awards & Appetizers Networking Evening on Monday, March 13th. One (1) admission ticket will be provided per entry. Additional tickets may be purchased through the WBA Member Services Center.
The 2016 Competition Results are available here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 542-2688.