Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2014 Art of the Cake Competition at the Midwest Foodservice Expo!
There are FOUR opportunities to compete this year! Back by popular demand are the Extreme Wedding Cake Challenge, Creative Cake Decorating Competition, and the Cupcake Warrior Championship! NEW in 2014 is the Baker’s Best Kringle Contest!
Think you have what it takes to win? SIGN UP TODAY!
RULES & INFORMATION
The Art of the Cake Competition is open to beginners/students (up to 3 years experience) and advanced/professionals (3+ years experience).
REGISTRATION & FEES
All competitors must sign a registration and release form. Registration before 2/28/2014 is required to help us plan space needs. Registration fee includes admission to the Midwest Foodservice Expo. The Entry Fee for each contest is $25 per entry. The fee includes a 1-year free membership to WBA. Current WBA Members are not eligible for free membership. There will be no refunds of registration fees.
Click Here to download our all in one Registration Form.
The registration deadline for the Art of the Cake Competition is Friday, February 28, 2014.
INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS
All competitors must check in at the Pastry Studio on Monday, March 10th upon arrival.
Check in for the Creative Cake Decorating Competition (CCDC), Extreme Wedding Cake Challenge (EWCC), Cupcake Warrior Championship (CWC) will begin at 8:00 AM.
Check in for the Baker’s Best Kringle Contest will begin at 2:00 PM.
- All entrants will unload at northwest dock door located on second level of the Wisconsin Center. The dock entrance is accessible from 6th street between Wells and State using the ramp. Dock access information will be sent to competitors prior to the show.
- All entrants must unload and remove cars from dock area within five minutes due to high traffic volume. Re-enter the expo with badge and wristband at front entrance of the airline center. MATC Bakery Program students will assist in moving your entry to the pastry studio area for set up. Please return any carts to the dock area for others to use.
- All cakes and cupcake displays must be completed and set up by 10:00 AM. You must clean up any trash, debris, and/or scrape and remove them to the designated area or receptacle. We will have the carpet cleaned upon completion of set up.
- You may return your unused materials to your vehicle by carrying them to your parking place. No re-entry to the dock will be permitted at this point.
- No cakes, kringle, or cupcake displays may be removed until 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 12, 2014. Anything left will be disposed of. We are not responsible to return items to competitors! No exceptions.
Please visit the Midwest Foodservice Expo website for additional information about the show.
JUDGING CRITERIA & STANDARDS
Judging of the entries will be completed by a team of qualified judges selected by the Wisconsin Bakers Association. The judges’ decisions will be final. The judges will complete a comment sheet for each entry; those sheets will be sent to the entrant after the competition.
Please refer to the rules for complete information about each contest by clicking on the contest name below:
For questions about the contest rules, contact us at email@example.com or call (800) 542-2688.
Winners will be announced at the WBA Industry Appreciation Breakfast on Tuesday, March 11th. Admission to the Breakfast will be provided for each Art of the Cake Competitor registered in advance.