TOP REGIONAL FOODSERVICE EXPO INTRODUCES NEW IDENTITY
(Milwaukee, WI) The Wisconsin Restaurant Expo, the largest and most inclusive state food service and hospitality show in the Midwest, will have a new identity for 2014 – the Midwest Foodservice Expo. This new name and expanded focus coincides with the show’s significant growth in recent years.
“It has been a very exciting time for growth with the Expo,” said Dawn Faris, VP of Exposition and Business Development. “We believe that our new name, Midwest Foodservice Expo, will help us with continued growth in all markets moving forward.”
Why the switch from ‘Wisconsin Restaurant Expo’ to the new ‘Midwest Foodservice Expo’?
- ‘Midwest’ is more inclusive of food, beverage and hospitality professionals from other states attending and reinforces the fact that businesses operating outside of Wisconsin are welcome to attend the Expo.
- ‘Midwest’ increases relevancy to out-of-state industry professionals reading advertisements that the Expo places in national publications.
- ‘Midwest’ expands opportunities for the Expo’s successful partnership program to include industry associations and foodservice groups in bordering states. More partnerships with organizations in adjoining states will help strengthen the industry in the Midwest region as a whole.
- While restaurants are an important and strong part of the Expo, 47% of Expo attendees come from other foodservice segments. ‘Foodservice’ better defines the show’s audience as inclusive to the entire industry, as it always has been intended.
- The event is produced by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association, however similarity between the ‘Wisconsin Restaurant Expo’ name and the association identity may create a misperception that one must be a member of the Association to attend. The new ‘Midwest Foodservice Expo’ name eliminates that confusion. Anyone in the foodservice industry can attend.
“We felt the name should really depict what the event is – an Expo for the entire foodservice industry, not just restaurants,” said Faris. “This Expo is about uniting every segment of the foodservice industry throughout the Midwest to come together, learn from each other and grow stronger as an industry.”
The Midwest Foodservice Expo is the leading regional event to unite thousands of food and beverage professionals under one roof. The next Midwest Foodservice Expo is planned for March 10-12, 2014 at the Delta Center in downtown Milwaukee. More information on the event is available at www.everythingfoodservice.org.
The Midwest Foodservice Expo is produced by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA) and is a trade-only show. Since 1933, the WRA has been dedicated to the promotion, protection and improvement of the foodservice industry. WRA offices are located at 2801 Fish Hatchery Road in Madison, Wisconsin.